Thursday, November 27, 2008

More than meets the eye

Ok well... since I have been like a total and complete slacker on journal writing since I got home from my mission, I thought I'd go with the cool kids and start a blog. It can be kind of my journal-like-thing.

Today was thanksgiving. Good stuff, turkey, family, games, and good movies. I watched Transformers.... cool movie but I couldn't sit still. Sometimes I get a little too involved :) I got to spend more time with my darling nephew Jaylen. I love him to death, and it just makes me want to get married even more. I think its my turn. Hmmm... then again maybe not.

I've been bored out of my mind lately, and I'm afraid that I have nothing interesting to say right now. Literally I do nothing everyday. I think its about time I found a job. Unfortunately, I'm a bit lazy. Hmmm what did I learn on my mission....

I think I'm ready for a boy in my life. Where are you? I saw the movie Twilight last week, and love looks like it would be pretty fun :) ha too bad that was a movie, and about vampires no less. Ahh yes, Hollywood loves to torment us girls with notions of "true love" and destiny, that are really just illusions. Don't get me wrong. I believe that love is powerful, and that you can spend your life with someone and love them more than anything, but really the idea of love at first sight or "one" true love is really just a bunch of rubbish that only makes us feel bad when we don't find it. But I miss having someone there, someone to tell everything to.... ie companion. I suppose all return missionaries go through this at some point.

Well, I think thats a good start, so goodnight everyone and good luck.

1 comment:

Becca said...

hey jenny! I like your blog. And you know, every girl feels this way, and i am sure being a reeturned missionary and being used to having someone all the time makes it a lot worse. But from a already married perspective, I say you should do all the fun and crazy things you won't be able to once you are married. Travel, go to BYU-Hawaii, go to parties late at night, work out like a crazy person, whatever it is that you like doing -- do it now. Because this is your chance to do whatever you want to. When your married you have to be way more responsible, and traveling and such just doesn't happen as easily.

anyway, there's my tid bit! have fun! love your blog!